[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. July 27

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Jul 27 09:43:18 CDT 2006

Hi again,

Well, I've survived my third day of swimming class, and learned a really
valuable lifesaving tip last night.  We used some dumbbell shaped floats
to help hold us up in the water for one part of the class, and then Mary
brought out several empty milk jugs.  Surprisingly enough, she told us
that an empty milk jug with the lid on will hold enough air to save your
life in an emergency.   If there's ever an emergency situation where
someone is drowning and there's a milk jug handy, throw it to them.  It
will float, will help them float until help can arrive and is easy to
hold onto.  It's very common to have jugs around that you use for water
or tea, or that milk came in, but I had never thought they could save a
life before.  I thought that was worth passing along.   Maybe it will
save a life someday.

Speaking of saving a life, I've got to take my daughter to 4H Safety Day
Camp today.  They are supposed to learn about water safety, first aid
and ATV safety.   Since we've gotten tires for the 4 wheeler now, I told
her she really needs to learn how to be safe on the thing.  It'll make
me feel better anyway.

Our  menu for today includes:

             Smothered steak
             Baked pork chops
             Beef stroganoff
             Broccoli with cheese
             Blackeye peas
             Zucchini and tomatoes
             Pasta bar
             Rolls

And for dessert have some Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie.

See you at lunch,