[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. May 4

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu May 4 10:09:26 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Good news for all you serious coffee drinkers and cappuccino lovers!
(Gwen, I'm talking to you!)  We have a new assortment of fresh ground
coffees upstairs in the Coffee Shop, (premium blend, Colombian blend,
and house blend), along with French vanilla cappuccino and mocha
cappuccino, hot cocoa, and to add a little pizzazz: hazelnut, almond,
caramel and French vanilla syrups and French vanilla, hazelnut, cinnamon
and Swiss chocolate creamers.  Be sure and go up and check out the new
stuff and let us know what you think about it, (if you can pry Debbie
Boggess off the machine).

I was down by our pond yesterday evening with my daughter watching a bat
swoop after insects and we heard a pack or maybe two of coyotes across
the highway.   I hadn't heard any coyotes nearby in quite a while.  It
sure made me want to go and gather up all my ducks and chickens and Mrs.
Goose and put them somewhere safe for the night. The only problem with
that is, they don't really take to being "gathered up".  It was a really
nice evening though, with the fireflies flashing all around and the
whippoorwills singing in the distance.  It's amazing how much wildlife
you can encounter in our "civilized" world.  (We could do without those
dratted mosquitos, ticks, and chiggers though, surely!)

Our menu for today includes:

          Chicken with noodles
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Blackeye peas
          Corn
          Brussels sprouts
          Rice

Our fast food is Burgers and Fries.

And for dessert we have yummy Brownies!

Come see us and check out the new stuff in the Coffee Shop while you're
over here,