[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. May 30

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue May 30 09:47:43 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

Well, I had an enjoyable weekend and I hope you did too.   It's amazing
how quickly I can get used to living by my own schedule, not the one
that work and the alarm clock dictates.  Left on my own, I'd rather be
up when it is cool and sleep during the heat of the day.  I sure didn't
want to get up this morning.  It did help that it was cooler than I had
expected.  That rain yesterday evening helped out a lot.  It helped out
everything but our kittens, anyway.   Our mother cat had been moving her
kittens around in the house trying to find a spot where she thought they
would be safe and out of the way, and we hadn't been able to find them
after her last move.   Then yesterday evening, after the big rain at our
house, here she came through the bedroom window with a little, wet,
chilly, bedraggled, pitiful looking kitten in her mouth!  (We're usually
pretty civilized and have window screens on our windows, but this one
had somehow gotten bent and damaged and once the cats discovered they
could climb on it and make it come loose enough to get in the house,
that was that.)  We grabbed  up the flashlight and went out to find the
rest of the kittens.  Fortunately we could hear one of them complaining
about being wet and cold, and when we found them they really looked
sad!  Once we took them in, dried them off and warmed them up a lot, and
let them get some food in them, they acted a lot better.  The only
lasting bad side effect is that one of them seems unable to use it's
back legs now.  And of course it was one that my daughter was
particularly attached to.  At least, since they're still alive this
morning, maybe there's hope that this will get better.

Our menu for today includes:

        Turkey roast
        Mashed potatoes and gravy
        Green beans and new potatoes
        Sliced carrots
        Corn

Our fast food is Soft Tacos with all the fixings.

And for dessert try some Coconut Cake or some Cherry Cobbler.