[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. May 31

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed May 31 09:53:29 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

I can hardly believe May is over already!  And it's been raining and
cooling things off nicely, too.  We were in Roy's Grocery the other
evening when it started storming and raining like crazy.  You could hear
it on the roof it was raining so hard, and then the electricity went off
and we wandered in the semi-darkness for a little while.  I think that
must've been when those Ding-Dongs and a few other items that my husband
likes to snack on "fell" into our basket.  I know when we got home I was
pulling things out of the sacks that I hadn't seen going in the basket
but Gary didn't seem very surprised.  I don't know how much it rained,
but the big ditches in front of the store by the highway filled up in no
time flat.  I thought the beaver dam down the hill from our house would
be overflowing when we came home, but evidently the brunt of the storm
and most of the rain hit further north.  Our little beavers and ducks
are still wading in mud.

It's been getting busier over here this week.  Our Upward Bound kids are
back and we have a fair sized group of D. O. C. folks, and a new batch
of Language Co. kids.  Then this weekend, we'll have Aggie Camp.  Our
busy summer is just getting started!

Our menu for today includes:

         Pork loin with pork gravy
          Pinto beans
          Cornbread
          Baby whole carrots
          Corn on the cob
          Rolls

Our fast food is Burgers and Oven fried potatoes.

And for dessert we have some Luscious Lemon Cake.

Come on over and try some,