[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Oct. 11

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Oct 11 10:00:27 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

My family and I were out enjoying the cool weather yesterday, and when
we drove around City Lake, we actually saw an eagle flying by!  I had
heard that there had been some sightings around there, but we had never
actually seen one.  We even went to Wister Lake once hoping to see the
ones that are supposed to nest in that area, but didn't have any luck.
We had gone on a beautiful sunny day, and the park employee there told
us that the best days for sightings are when the weather is not so good,
maybe cloudy or overcast.  Evidently when the weather is sunny, the
eagles fly so high up you can't get a look at them, but when the
visibility is reduced they fly lower down.  That was quite an experience
seeing our national bird right in this area!

There was a time when I thought some of the students here were not very
friendly.  They would come in the Cafeteria for breakfast  on days when
I was working the front and I'd speak to them and they wouldn't say
anything.  Sometimes I'd try again a little louder and only when they
were actually looking at me did they acknowledge that I'd said
anything.   After my daughter got an Ipod, I realized the problem and
began looking for (and seeing plenty of) little wires coming from the
kids' ears.  They're not antisocial, they're just plugged in!  Maybe
I'll just wave to them.

Our menu for today includes:

            Dorito bake
            Mashed potatoes and gravy
            Capri blend vegetables
            Deep fried okra
            Corn
            Pasta bar

Our fast food is Pizza.

And we're shaking dessert up a little with some Earthquake Cake.

Come on over,