[Eoscstudents] Menu for Manic Mon. Oct. 23

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Oct 23 10:02:27 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

I hope you all had a very enjoyable Fall Break.  It seems like we went
places, did things and ate all manner of food Thurs., Fri. and
Saturday.  Then yesterday it caught up with me and I felt like crud all
day, so I just rested.   I hope I can begin to get back in the swing of
things at the house today and get some stuff done, which is what I had
intended to do yesterday originally.   We did find some good bargains at
a few rummage sales this weekend, and got to replace our out of
commission dishwasher with a working one for $20.00.  Not bad.  I also
found one of those snuggly fleece blankets that zips and snaps around
you and boy did it come in handy Saturday night at the family Halloween
Party.  I couldn't believe how cold it got!  And this morning my station
wagon was all frosted over and had to be scraped and thawed before I
could come to work.  I'm glad it's not 100 degrees anymore, but I wasn't
ready for this stuff yet either.

Don't forget to attend the book reading and discussion this evening at
the Latimer County Public Library at 7:00 pm.  Rilla Askew, (Ruth
Brelsford's sister and author of several books set in mostly rural
Okla.) will be there to talk about her book "Fire in Beulah", a work of
fiction, but with some historical facts taken from Okla. history dealing
with the infamous Tulsa race riots in the Greenwood District.  I have
been reading the book and it really draws you into the characters and
their stories.

Congratulations and best wishes to Leah Miller and Brian McLaughlin on
their marriage this past weekend.  I hope they have much happiness together.

Our menu for today includes:

            Chicken enchilada casserole
            Steamed red potatoes
            Peas
            Baby carrots
            Corn
            Rice
            Baked potato bar

Our fast food is a Meatball Sub with Marinara Sauce and Tator Tots.

And for dessert have a piece of Strawberry Cake.

See you at lunch,