[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Oct. 18

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Oct 18 10:06:02 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I know you're all looking forward to a great Fall Break.  I know I am.
Fall Festival time is always fun and busy.  Be sure and visit the Fall
Festival at Robber's Cave if you can at all.   There are always lots of
things to look at, buy and eat, not to mention a carnival with rides and
games.  Saturday they will have the car show which is really catching on
as the years go by.  It seems to keep growing every year.  They will
also have a quilt show in the part of the building to the left of the
Nature Center.  If you're staying on campus and don't have a vehicle,
just walk down to Fern's lot in the middle of town and a shuttle will be
making runs all day to take people to the Festival and bring them back
later.

Some of you may have noticed that we haven't had our regular salad bar
available for a few days.  We're having compressor problems, but Danny
and Alan have one on order, so as soon as it comes in and they can get
it installed, we'll be back to having more salad bar selections for you
to choose from.  Please bear with us til then.

I was saddened to hear of the death of Ray Fuertsch.  I never had him as
a teacher, but I knew him and his family when they lived here and they
were very nice people.

Our menu for today includes:

             Smoked pork chops
             Corn
             Rice
             Pinto beans
             Turnip greens
             Pasta bar
             Hot rolls

Our fast food is Barbecue on a Bun.

And for dessert mix yourself up a concoction of Ice Cream and Toppings!
I love those crushed M & M's in vanilla ice cream myself, or maybe some
Caramel topping on vanilla, or even just plain chocolate ice cream.  I'm
getting hungry just thinking about it!

Have a great, safe Fall Break!