[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Oct. 17

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Oct 17 10:11:38 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

Looks like it's going to be a great day.  It's supposed to get up to
about 80 degrees with no rain today.   I'm really hoping it doesn't
decide to rain on the Fall Festival this weekend, either.  That would
mess up a lot of people's plans.  The Latimer County 4H will be having a
Child ID booth at the Festival on Saturday.  You can bring your child,
grandchild, friend's child or whatever and have them fingerprinted, have
their picture made and a DNA sample taken to have on file just in case
they are ever missing.  It's really better to be safe than sorry.

Yesterday's lecture by Jeri Askins was very informative.  I hope the
students appreciate the value of getting to learn from the experiences
of those who have achieved many goals and had much success in their
professional lives.  We always know that young men can be anything they
set their minds to when they grow up, but Jari Askins serves as an
example (if you didn't know it by now) that women can go far and do
great things in the world today, also.

I believe this evening starting at 6:00 or so, there will be a clean-up
on Main Street in preparation for the Fall Festival.  All equipment will
be provided, they just need people to participate and get the job done
before this weekend.

Also, today from 5:00 to 8:00 pm and tomorrow from 8:00 to 11:00 there
will be parent-teacher conferences at Wilburton Schools, so be sure and
go talk to your child's teachers while you have a good opportunity.  The
students and teachers both appreciate your participation and involvement.

Our menu for today includes:

            Cheeseburger casserole
            Mashed potatoes and gravy
            Baby carrots
            Corn
            Rice
             Macaroni and cheese
             Hot rolls

Our fast food today is Burritos with Chili and Cheese.

And for dessert we have Chocolate Cake and Peach Cobbler to choose from.

Come and get it,