[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Sept. 11

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Sep 11 10:19:25 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Well, as I'm sure you're all aware, today is the 5 year anniversary of
the bombing of the Twin Towers and the Pentagon.  Definitely a day to
remember and be thankful that we're in no worse shape than we are at
this point.  And a day to make a special effort to pray for our leaders
on all levels, that they do not fail at their appointed tasks to do
what's best for our country, our state, our community and even our
college.

Our little family grew this weekend.  We were driving around Saturday
and came across seven abandoned cats and kittens.  Luckily my husband
has a soft heart too, (I couldn't live with anybody who didn't), so we
wound up taking them all home.  Now I can honestly say we have more cats
than we know what to do with.  (We had five already.)  Evidently,
someone had cleaned out their neighborhood of as many cats as they could
catch.  And I had recently had a request from Cyndi Deela to help her
find homes for five kittens that she had, and a call from another friend
with three, so if anyone needs a new cat or kitten, I can definitely fix
that for you.   It's sad when people dump their or their neighbors pets
out like that.   Pets come to trust and depend on humans and that trust
should be honored.  I'm just glad we found them as soon as we did,
before they starved or became meals for the coyotes or some other
predator.   They are all friendly and healthy looking, so if you need a
new pet, please let me know.

Our menu for today includes:

            Chicken enchilada casserole
            Steamed red potatoes
            Peas
            Baby carrots
            Corn
            Rice
            Baked potato bar
            Rolls

For a  fast food today, we have Meatball subs with Marinara Sauce and
Tator Tots.

And for dessert we have Banana Split Cake.