[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Dec. 3

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Dec 3 10:42:12 CST 2007

Happy December folks,

Ho, Ho, Ho!  How in the world did it get to be December already?  There
are a lot less shopping days til Christmas than I'm probably going to
need, especially with no more bright ideas than I have of things to get
for the people on my gift list.  Occasionally I'll find what I think is
just the right thing for just the right person, but that happens like
once a season, and I blew that yesterday, so the whole rest of the
Christmas shopping season is going to be spent with me feeling confused
and uninspired.

Candlelighting was wonderful last night.  I arrived a little late,
somewhere in Scene 2, but what I saw of it was a good representation of
how things can snowball on you at the holidays, and we forget to make
time for the simple things that make this time of year so memorable in
years to come.  Don't forget the reason for the season.

We had a CAT-tastrophe at our house yesterday when I realized our little
cat C. C. had gotten a big fish hook, still attached to the pole, hooked
through one of the toes of her front paw.  Ouch!  I had to call a
neighbor boy, (who reportedly doesn't even like cats, but was nice
enough to come and help me save this one), and he brought snips to try
and cut the hook.  I couldn't cut it, but he managed to get it cut.  All
the while I was praying that the cat wouldn't bite or scratch him.  That
would've just sealed his dislike of cats, but she was very well behaved
considering what she was going through.  Maybe her good behavior will
help convince him to become an ex-cat-hater.

Maybe some of us PAWS folks should give Mr. Schoggins some lessons on
how to deal with his new student.  Dog 101:  Pet, scratch, feed,
repeat.  If he's smart enough to know all about computers, a dog should
be much simpler and a welcome change of pace.  (FYI:  You never boot or
reboot a dog.)  They're great stress relievers.  They love
unconditionally, and never judge you on whether you have the coolest
clothes, or a big bank account, or how you look, only on how you treat
them, ((and they're pretty forgiving on that, too).  This may be one
case where the student teaches the teacher.  Mr. Schoggins, you have
been dog blessed.

Our menu for today includes:

             Chicken parmesan with pasta
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Green peas

Our fast food is Tacos, Refried beans, Spanish Rice, and Nacho chips
with Picante Sauce, and we have Yellow Cake for dessert.