[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Dec. 4

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Dec 4 09:54:46 CST 2007

Hi folks,

I am really feeling the chill today, even though it's not as cold as it
could be this time of year.  I've got the little heater in my office
cranked up and am about ready to go out and keep Drexel's oven warm.
It's actually supposed to be a pretty decent week, with temperatures up
in the 50's and 60's for the most part and not much of a chance of
rain.   I guess we'd better enjoy it while we can, as soon as I warm up
some.

I ran across a couple of cows out on the road on the back way to
McAlester this past weekend and went back to let the owner know his
fence was damaged.   The first time I did something like that with my
daughter in the vehicle with me, she thought I was nuts, but I explained
to her that someone could be killed coming up on a cow in the road like
that, (not to mention, it wouldn't do the cow any good either.)  Now,
she either understands why it's important to do that, or she just
ignores her nutty mother.  That can be a very dangerous situation to
have livestock out and that near the roadway.   I don't blame them for
getting out of the fence.  If I was going to wind up as hamburger meat,
I'd be heading for parts unknown as fast as my hooves could carry me,
and I wouldn't let the barbed wire hit me in the rump roast on the way!
They evidently didn't have that foresight.  They only wanted to munch
grass on the other side of the fence.  Oh well, they had their chance.

Our menu for today includes:

             Beef tips with rice
             Baby carrots

Our fast food is Hot Ham and Cheese on a Bun, and have a helping of
Cobbler for dessert.