[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Feb. 1 Coffee Shop Closed (again)

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Feb 1 10:14:57 CST 2007

Hello out there,

Wow!  I can't believe it's snowing outside!  After all the ice we had, I
didn't think we needed anything else like that.  Be very careful driving
today.  I know most of the main roads may be pretty safe, but I saw
where a friend of mine (who shall remain nameless to prevent her
students teasing her about her driving and having to write an essay as
punishment) had slid off in a big ditch yesterday on Cravens Road  just
a few minutes after I had talked to her.  Thank goodness I don't think
there was any damage done, and by the time I came along a few minutes
later, she already had a wrecker there, pulling her out.  I watched the
TV closings list last night over and over to see if Wilburton Schools
were going to be added and they never were, so this morning I made sure
my daughter was up and getting ready for school before I left the
house.   Then after I got to work and had the radio on, I heard Dougo
announcing that Wilburton Schools were closed today after all.  I tried
calling the house several times before she finally called me back and in
that little voice she uses when she thinks she's in trouble, she said,
"Mom, I waited outside for 20 minutes and the bus never came."  I told
her then that the bus would not be coming, that there was no school and
she could go back to bed.  Of course, then she was too excited and
wanted to go out and slide on the snow!

We had three people call in sick or unable to drive in today because of
slick roads, so the Coffee Shop will be closed and we'll just do the
best we can with the people we've got.

Our menu for today includes:

        Hamburger steak
        Baby carrots
        Broccoli and cauliflower mix

Our fast food is good old Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup and Ham and
Cheese Sandwiches.  That ought to hit the spot on a cold day like this.

And for dessert we have Apple Cobbler and Oreo Pudding.

Slide on over (carefully) and eat with us,

Rhoda   ;-)