[Eoscstudents] Food Banks in Oklahoma

June Haynes jhaynes at eosc.edu
Wed Feb 7 16:00:10 CST 2007

Eastern's Student Support Services is participating in a community
service activity with the Oklahoma Division of Student Assistance
Program (ODSA)  in connection with National TRiO Day of Service.

Oklahoma TRiO will make an effort to replenish food banks in areas of
the state (especially Pittsburg County) devastated by the recent ice
storm.  Shelters and food banks were depleted and contributions of
non-perishable food items will be sought in an effort to address this
need.  If each person brings one canned good item, we would have a
significant contribution.  There has been a specific request that some
of the items include canned meats, beans, and items that are protein
enriched as donated items often do not include this type of food items.

EOSC's Student Support Services will be placing boxes in each of the
building.  Please inform employees and students of this worthy cause.
We will deliver the items that are given to the state capitol on
National TRiO Day, February 21, 2007.  Your support will be greatly
appreciated!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at extension
822.

Thank You,
June Haynes
Student Support Services