[Eoscstudents] Menu for Manic Mon. Jan. 22

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Jan 22 09:55:06 CST 2007

Hi everyone,

I trust you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine wasn't looking too bright
at the start, literally.  When I got home Friday, my electricity was off
again, and the house was getting chilly, but it was only a couple of
hours til they had us lit up again and ready for nighttime.  (I was
really impressed since I'd heard rumors that it might be up to three
days before we got our electricity back on.)  You really don't realize
what a luxury and a blessing having electricity is until it goes out on
you for a while.  And how much you depend on being able to walk into a
dark room, flip a switch and immediately be able to see!  I've
discovered that even when the electricity is off, I'm still in the habit
of walking in and flipping that light switch!  It's kind of like when
your phone doesn't work, the first thing you want to do is call someone
and tell them to come and fix it.  We really are creatures of habit.

Thankfully the big snowstorm that they were predicted veered north of us
and all we got was rain.  Isn't that something?  Someone asked me if I
had ordered all that and I said, "Yeah, I sure did...back in July!"  I
guess it was on backorder.

Our menu for today includes:

             Meatloaf
             Pasta bar
             Garlic bread
             Rice
             Hot rolls

Our fast food is Hamburgers and French Fries.

And for dessert we have a choice of either Apple or Cherry Cobbler.
Don't forget , you can top it off with some ice cream!

Come and get it!