[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. July the Last

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Jul 31 09:35:07 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

Can you believe today is the last of July?!  Where did the summer go?
We're having our one week of semi-calm between our big camp and the
beginning of the semester activities.

The weather report says we're to expect a decreasing chance of rain
along with increasing temperatures heading toward the weekend.  I could
do without the increasing temperatures, but even so, this year may go on
the record books as one with the least 100+ degree days I can
remember.   Still, I think everything that was previously about to drown
is now about to shrivel up from the heat.  I did find a good reason to
love our abundant tall grass in the back yard, though.  The other
morning my husband woke me up to come and look out the kitchen window,
to see a mama deer and her two little spotted fawns hiding and browsing
in our "tall grass prairie".   They were just beautiful.  I could've
watched them all day.

Our menu for today includes:

             Baked chicken
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Baked beans
             Fried okra
             Corn
             Pasta bar
             Hot rolls

Our fast food is Nachos and Spicy Waffle Fries with Meat and Cheese
Sauce on the side.

And for dessert, how about a helping of Peach Cobbler?