[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. May 1

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue May 1 09:45:17 CDT 2007

Hi again folks,

I made a chance discovery the other day that really restored my faith in
people.  I ran into a friend in the Public Library and we walked out
together and noticed a pile of debris in the yard of the old church
across the street.  (It is actually one of the first, if not the first
black churches in Oklahoma, dating back to 1903.)  My friend, Suzee,
mentioned having gone in there before to see what it was like and was
disturbed that vandals had  taken over and what they hadn't torn up they
had spray painted filth and graffiti on.  We walked over to see what
condition it was in now, and were very surprised to see all the pews
sitting upright and a lot of  rubbish cleared away.  We then discovered
a young  man in the back working away toward restoring this historical
building with intentions of eventually holding church services in it
again, as the Mt. Olive Non-Denominational Church.  His name  is Mark
Dominguez and he has undertaken quite a job all on his own with just the
help of his wife, Mary, and a friend.  If anyone has spare time, energy
or resources that could be utilized in this effort, I'm sure he would be
grateful for the help.  If you're interested in helping, just go by
there and talk with this young couple.  If nothing else, you'll make
some new friends.

Our menu for today includes:

            Smoked pork chops
            Oriental blend vegetables
            Pasta bar
            Hot rolls

Our fast food is Macaroni and Cheese with Polish Sausage.

And for dessert, have some Bread Pudding or Peach Cobbler.