[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Nov. 12

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Nov 12 09:47:14 CST 2007

Hi folks,

I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend.  It was really windy, with a
cool front trying to move in.  I don't think it's really supposed to get
here til Wednesday, but all this wind is letting us know it's on the
way.  I can't believe I haven't gotten to hear any geese flying south
yet this fall.  That's one of my very favorite things to hear, the geese
headed south for the winter.  Maybe before this front hits, some more
will come over for me.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Kay Langham, who had a birthday
yesterday, and Anita Hernandez, who is celebrating her big day today.  I
hope they both enjoy themselves immensely.

This will be a short week on campus with Friday being declared a state
holiday in honor of our Oklahoma Centennial.  I remember my Granny
telling about when she came to Indian Territory from Indiana as a young,
married woman and was surprised to find that the Indians here dressed
just like anyone else.  (I think she was expecting headdresses or
loincloths or something, so it was kind of disappointing for her I
suppose.)   She lived to be 99 years and 1 month, so she saw a lot of
changes in her lifetime, but that was one she missed out on.

Don't forget we'll have our Thanksgiving Dinner this Wednesday, so make
plans to come over for the feast.  My mouth is watering already!  I can
almost smell the dressing!

Our menu for today includes:

             Hamburger steak with mushrooms and brown gravy
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Rice
             Black eyed peas

Our fast food is Chili Dogs with French Fries and for dessert concoct
your own ice cream confection with our Ice Cream and Toppings.