[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Oct. 5

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Oct 5 09:45:50 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

If you didn't attend the Fall Concert last night put on by Director Paul
Enis, the Sound Sensations, and the Mountaineer Band and Choir, you
missed a really great show.   It was really quite surprising to me to
find out some of the songs that have been written by some fellow
"Okies".   And I'm talking well known songs, like "This Land is Your
Land", "I'll Fly Away",  and "Joy to the World" just to name a few.  All
the performers were excellent, as usual, but I know I saw several eyes
pop and jaws drop when Luke Forwoodson began to sing Roger Miller's
"King of the Road".  No one expected that deep, deep voice to be coming
out of him.  If he didn't before, I'd say he has fans now.  And as
Boomer Lawrie took the stage I wondered why they called him "Boomer".
When he began to sing I got it.  That guy's another one with a terrific
voice.  He really sounded great doing his rendition of Merle Haggard's
"Fightin' Side of Me".  I really enjoyed Kendra Click's performance of
the Carrie Underwood song "Not in Checotah Anymore".  I had never really
heard it and listened to the words before, but hearing her singing it, I
could just imagine how a girl from Oklahoma would feel being uprooted to
New York or somewhere, where you could find anything you want except a
Wal-Mart Store.  I hated to hear that long time accompanist, Mary Ford,
was ill and had to miss the performance, but wish her a speedy
recovery.  The next scheduled musical performance that you won't want to
miss will be Candlelighting on  December 2nd, so mark your calendars and
be sure and attend.

And don't miss the "Battle of Gowen Mountain" tonight.  It's Wilburton
High School's homecoming game and they will be playing their long time
rivals, the Hartshorne Miners.  The coronation starts at 7:00, and the
game starts at 7:30.

Saturday morning is the Kiamichi Electric Annual Meeting here in the
EOSC Fieldhouse, for those of you rural residents who are on Kiamichi
Electric.  You might get lucky and win a prize.

Be sure and wish John Calhoun a happy birthday today, if he didn't take
the day off.  What does he think this is, his birthday or something?

Our menu for today includes:
                Fish
                Steamed red potatoes
                Macaroni and cheese
                Corn
                Brussels sprouts
                Baby carrots
Our fast food is Burritos with Chili and Cheese, and for dessert have a
yummy helping of Strawberry Shortcake.

For dinner this evening, we'll be serving:
                Hamburger steak with onions and mushrooms
                Fried okra
                Hot rolls
The fast food will be Chili Dogs and French Fries, and Peach Cobbler is
on the menu for dessert.

Saturday's brunch includes:
                Scrambled eggs
                Ham