[Eoscstudents] Menu for Manic Mon. Oct. 15

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Oct 15 10:49:21 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

Wasn't it a great weekend?  The picnic was a lot of fun for those
attending, and I want it on record that I am married to one half of the
EOSC Champion Horseshoe Team.   Gary teamed up with Sheryl Marmon to win
that prize and he almost got to touch his half of the money before
Destiny had it, (which means I'll probably wind up with it because
she'll probably lose it somewhere in the house or leave it in her pants
pocket and I'll find it in the laundry.)   I believe Helen's husband,
Randy Scott, won the Washer Tossing game, and it was still undecided
whether Helen was going to get to spend the prize money for him or if he
was taking it to Bass Pro Shop.  There were lots of freebies and door
prizes to be drawn for.  (I won a nice household tool set which should
come in very handy for fixing a variety of things.)   The inflatable
jumping area was a big hit with the kids, as was the water balloon
fight, which I stayed way clear of.  Next year's picnic should be bigger
and even better so  be practicing your horseshoe throwing and washer
tossing and be ready!   If we have more help, maybe we can come up with
even more events.

We watched the Oklahoma Centennial Parade on TV yesterday and got to see
the Wilburton High School marching band in it.  It was wonderful to get
to see local kids on TV marching in our state's centennial celebration
parade which included many famous Oklahomans.  I'm hoping that quite a
few of those kids will be coming to Eastern in the next few years.
They would sound great in the Mountaineer Band.

Tonight is your last chance to see Eastern's production of "Rainmaker"
and if you'll look outside, you'll see that it's really working.  Why
didn't we have this performed a year or so ago, when we were having such
a bad dry spell?

And last but not least, Happy Birthday to Eastern's own Keith Lewis.
He's been here so long, he ought to own the place by now, but I guess it
doesn't work that way.  Enjoy yourself today, Keith.  Go somewhere you
can use your newly acquired Senior Citizen's discount.

Our menu for today includes:

             Beef tips
             Mashed potatoes and brown gravy
             Rice
             Sweet peas

Our fast food is a Chicken Patty on a Bun and French Fries, and for
dessert have a piece of German Chocolate Cake.

Get out your umbrella and come on over,

Rhoda   ;-)