[Eoscstudents] Menu for Manic Mon. April 7

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Apr 7 10:07:38 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

I hope you had a great weekend.  The weather was wonderful, and we had a
very successful PAWS adoption day on Saturday to take advantage of it.
We managed to adopt out our two very largest dogs from our pens, (Thelma
and Louise), which is a very good thing.  That means less food used,
less clean-up and less ducking, dodging and yelling to get them off me
when I'm out there cleaning.  It wouldn't be so bad if I was taller, but
they were very friendly and when they jumped up on me, they almost
looked me in the eye, (and almost knocked me over several times.)  Now
we'll be able to regroup some of the other dogs to have less crowding
and contention over not wanting to share food bowls.

On another dog-related note:  a fellow came by our house yesterday
evening and was looking for his lost 2 1/2 yr. old female Rottweiler
named Charity.  He said he had wrecked his pickup on Blue Mountain
Thursday morning, the truck rolled, and the windows were broken out and
in all the confusion, the Rottweiler ran away from the scene.  He has
been looking for her ever since, with no luck.  She is very friendly,
(except for being afraid of small children and loud noises, which come
together many times), is wearing a faded red reflective collar, and he
is offering a reward for her return.  His name is Skip Evans and he can
be contacted at 465-1134.  Please be on the lookout for this girl,
especially if you're headed south, as the wreck was on Blue Mountain and
he lives in the Veteran's Colony, 9 miles south of town, so she may have
headed that way.  All help is appreciated to reunite these two friends.

Our menu for today includes:

                Lasagna
                Broccoli with cheese sauce
                Carrots
                Garlic bread
                Hamburgers
                French fries

And for dessert, cool off with our soft serve Ice Cream and Toppings.

Have a great week,