[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. April 21

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Apr 21 09:56:12 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

I hope you all got out and enjoyed the wonderful weekend weather we just
had.  I enjoyed going to the Green Frog Festival downtown on Friday,
even though the weather was cooler.  Saturday and Sunday I worked here
in the Cafeteria, and tried to take care of the salad bar.  I really
hadn't known that I would be doing that, so you can imagine the shocked
look on my face when I found out I had to come up with 17 different
things to stock it with!  That sounds like a lot at first, then you get
started filling it up and get on a roll, and it doesn't sound so bad,
until those last few empty crocks are sitting there and you've run out
of ideas (or availability) of things to put in them. Then you're right
back to when it sounded like a lot. I finally figured out enough things
to fill it up (whew) and survived the day with only one band-aid
needed.  (Did I ever mention that I'm not a kitchen person?  Believe me,
I did not get the job as Cafeteria secretary because I knew diddly squat
about kitchen stuff.  I think I've gained a new respect for all the work
these ladies and men have to do in here.)  It was one of those days when
you just go around all day working and working and still feeling like
you've forgotten to do something, so I've locked myself in my office all
day, and tried to keep a low profile, waiting for the moment when
someone who knows what they're doing figures out what all I may have
messed up or forgotten.  Maybe I should've hid that big sharp knife...
:-)

I was sorry to see the email from Ali Martinez that Lynn Gammons will be
leaving Eastern.  I wish her all the best in her new endeavors.  She
will be missed.

Our Food Services Manager, Mildred Whisenhunt, celebrated a working
birthday last Friday.  I'm sure she would've rather been out in her
flower bed, or maybe even just still in bed, but she came in to work
anyway.  Now that's dedication!

Our menu for today includes:

          Fried chicken
          Winter blend vegetables
          Hot rolls
          Tuna salad
          Potato chips

And for dessert, make your own concoction with our soft serve Ice Cream
and variety of Toppings.