[Eoscstudents] POST OFFICE CHANGES - PLEASE READ

dsims at eosc.edu dsims at eosc.edu
Mon Apr 28 08:46:02 CDT 2008

TO:  ALL UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE BOX HOLDERS AT EASTERN OKLAHOMA STATE COLLEGE
REF: IMPORTANT CHANGES ABOUT YOUR P.O. BOX
DATE: 04/14/2008

Dear P.O. Box holder at Eastern Oklahoma State College Post Office,
Effective May 1, 2008 the Eastern Oklahoma State College Post Office will no longer be an authorized United States Post Office branch.  Eastern Oklahoma State College will remain a mail center and provide most of the same services as before.
You may choose to keep your P.O. Box that you currently have and receive mail as you have always had. However, it will no longer be a United States Post Office Box. If you choose to keep or not keep your box, you will have to put in a change of address for each last name that currently receives mail in your box. You may pick up a change of address form at the Eastern post office or any post office.  If you keep your box, Eastern Oklahoma State College will collect the rent on your box. The fees will remain the same. A small box is $20.00 for six months and $40.00 for twelve months.
 Here is an example of how your address looks now:
Jane Doe
P.O. Box 1000
Wilburton, OK. 74578

On May 1, 2008 your new address will look like this:
Jane Doe
1301 W. Main Street Box 1000
Wilburton, OK. 74578
In addition, we will still sell stamps and you can mail packages as you always have. Unfortunately, we will not be able to sell money orders, as that is a USPS service.
If we do not receive a change of address card from you by May 1, 2008 all mail will be sent back to the sender with a forward unknown.
If you have any questions about the changes please contact me.
Thanks,
Doug Sims
EOSC Post Office Clerk
465-1703