[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Aug. 26 Lunch and Dinner, Aug. 27 Breakfast

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Aug 26 09:45:57 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

I was saddened yesterday to learn of  the passing of long time Eastern
teacher and friend, Stoney Hardcastle.   A former journalism instructor
and still a prolific writer, his weekly newspaper column will be missed
by many.   Stoney was something of a local legend, a character, and a
regular on campus every Tuesday to attend Lion's Club meetings.  Happy
trails, Stoney.

We also received word of the passing of Frieda Baudour,  wife of our
handyman, Dave Baudour.   Much sympathy goes out to their family.

Don't forget today is Election Day.  I believe today's election will
decide the outcome of the local Sheriff's election, as well as who will
take over the County Commissioner post in District 2.   Polls stay open
til 7:00 p.m. so go do your civic duty.

On a happier note, one of our Gear-Up ladies, Nicole Cook, celebrates a
birthday today.  May she have a very happy one.

Our menu for lunch today includes:
                 Beef stroganoff
                Cheeseburgers
                Loaded baked potatoes
                Winter blend vegetables
                French fries
                Blackeyed peas
                Turnip greens
                Hominy
                Hot rolls
And for dessert, have some luscious Cobbler.

Plans for the dinner menu include:
             Meatball subs with potato chips
             Pepper steak with rice
             Corn