[Eoscstudents] Menu for Lunch and Dinner Aug. 27, Breakfat Aug. 28

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Aug 27 10:18:12 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Well, the elections are over now, at least until the biggie in
November.  Maybe we can get some of the campaign signs off the landscape
now.  It looks like we have a new sheriff in town, with Israel Beauchamp
coming out on top in that race, and a real squeaker being decided in the
Dist. 2 county commissioner's race, with John Medders coming out ahead
by 6 votes!  And while I was a little premature in reporting after the
primary election that Joel Kerns won the Pittsburg County Sheriff's
race, it does appear that he came out on top in the runoff after all.
Maybe I'm psychic.  If I could only pick lottery numbers!

With the Labor Day weekend upon us, all college offices will be closed
and there will be no classes on Monday.  (Even the Dept. of Corrections
Training Center gets the day off!)  The Cafeteria will be open for
Brunch from 11:00 to 1:00 and Dinner from 5:00 to 6:00 on Saturday,
Sunday and Monday.

Happy Birthday wishes go out today to Shirley "Hopalong" Calhoun, who
shares a birthday with my husband.  (No, they're not twins.)  She may
have to postpone "kicking up her heels" in celebration until her broken
toe heals.

We're going to be bringing the Hot Chocolate machine and the Cappuccino
machine back into service soon, if they're not there already, so you'll
soon be able to buy a cup of your favorite hot beverage here again.
Not everyone is a coffee drinker, so this should appeal to those who
prefer something out of the ordinary to sip on.

Our lunch menu today includes:
             Pork cutlets
             Pizza with pasta bar
             Steamed potatoes
             Tator tots
             Cabbage
             Navy beans
             Gravy
             Zucchini and tomatoes
And for dessert, have some delicious Cobbler.

Dinner this evening will feature:
             Chicken tetrazzini
             Steak sandwiches
             French fries