[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Jan. 31

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Jan 31 09:45:18 CST 2008

Hi folks,

I awoke rather startled this morning, hearing water running and
wondering what had sprung a leak, when I realized it was coming from
outside, and that sometime during the night, it had started raining.   I
guess I was expecting snow or nothing.   Evidently a large portion of
the state did get snow and we may before it's over with.  We may have to
dig out snowshoes to make it to our PAWS meeting this evening.

I've got to remember to call my Aunt Alma after work today.  She is
celebrating her 106th birthday today.  I think that makes her the oldest
person I've ever known.  She's still sharp as a tack mentally, but has
to be in a wheelchair due to having broken her hip at one time.  Last
time I talked to her though, she was still ready to go anywhere if
someone was ready to push her.  I believe she takes after my Granny, who
lived to be 99 yrs. and 1 month, and really wanted to make it to 100.
Aunt Alma has told me though that she remembers telling Granny that she
didn't want to live that long.   Oh well.

Our menu for today includes:
                Pork loin
                Mashed potatoes and gravy
                Baby carrots
                Green beans
                Brussel sprouts
                Pasta bar
                Rolls
                Deli selections including Tuna Salad
                Chips

And for dessert try some delicious Bread Pudding.