[Eoscstudents] Menu for Manic Mon. July 7

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Jul 7 09:45:16 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

I hope you all had a poppin' good 4th of July weekend and came back with
your hearing and all your extremities intact.   We went to 3 different
fireworks displays so I feel like I'm still seeing sparkles even when my
eyes are closed and hearing big booms in my sleep.   Last Thurs. night
we went to the Choctaw Nation display at the Talihina Indian Hospital,
Friday night we went to the display at Robber's Cave State Park, put on
every year by our local firefighters, and Saturday night we had a family
get together at Buffalo Valley.  As far as I know, all went well at all
3 displays, without anyone being seriously injured.  Maybe everyone's
pets can begin to relax again without all that popping going on.

I noticed last week that our local Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant has
closed up permanently.  Then I heard a rumor that Braum's had bought the
building, then I heard another rumor that no, Taco Bell had bought it,
so either way it looks like Wilburton will be getting another new
restaurant in the future.  I know I'll miss KFC, but I have long wished
that we'd get a Braum's here, (love that ice cream), or even a Taco
Bell.  (Of course, I'm going to feel really silly  and disappointed if
neither of these turns out to be true!)

We had a really good turnout for our Sunday Buffet this past weekend, so
it seems our efforts are paying off in that direction and the word is
spreading about the good food we have available on Sunday afternoons.
Be sure and come and try it if you get the chance.  It's a great meal
for a reasonable price.

Our menu for today includes:
             Indian tacos
             Cabbage
             Spanish rice
             Pinto beans
             Rolls
             Oven fried potatoes
             Chicken strips
             French fries

And for dessert, cool off with our Soft Serve Ice Cream in Chocolate or
Vanilla and a variety of Toppings to customize your creation.