[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. July 9

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jul 9 09:48:00 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

I started out to my car earlier and was surprised to find it was
sprinkling outside.  And of course all my windows were down an inch or
two so that my car didn't explode from the heat that I'm sure will be
here later today if the cloud cover disappears.  Of course, by the time
I put my windows up and was headed back inside, it had almost totally
stopped.

The Solar Car Rayce that Barbara Gilbertson sent out the notice on
yesterday and that will be making a pit stop at the McAlester campus on
Sun. July 13 sounds interesting.  I've always thought solar energy
sounded fascinating.  Goodness knows we have a plentiful supply of free
sunshine in the summertime and it has to be good for something besides
sucking all the energy out of me and most other folks.   With the price
of gas going up the way it is, finding out about solar power and other
alternative energy sources is looking smarter and smarter.

There are a couple of birthdays in our Eastern family today.  Math
instructor Terry Haynes is celebrating a birthday, as is Alanna Ralls,
our Transfer Enrollment Manager.  Other recent birthdays include Grants
Manager Debbie McIntyre who celebrated a birthday on the 4th, (one of
the few people who have their birthday declared a national holiday), and
Security Guard (and candidate for County Sheriff), Mike Nowlin, who
celebrated on the 3rd.  (He's trying to catch up with me, but he's never
going to make it.)

Our menu for today includes:
             Meatloaf
             Mashed potatoes and brown gravy
             Navy beans
             Okra
             Cabbage
             Baked potatoes
             Hot rolls
             Mexican cornbread
             Hot ham and cheese on a bun
             Potato chips

And for dessert have some juicy Peach Cobbler.