[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Thurs. June 12

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Jun 12 10:14:40 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

It's looking like a nice day today with no rain predicted until
tomorrow, wouldn't you know, with the Relay for Life coming up tomorrow
night at the Wilburton High School Football Field.  I hope you're all
planning on attending this worthwhile event, the proceeds of which go to
the American Cancer Society to help in the fight against this deadly
disease.  Chances are, if you or someone you know hasn't been affected
by cancer, you will be in the future.  We all need to participate in the
fight to help find a cure as soon as possible.  You never know who may
be cancer's next victim.

If you have kids, be sure and take them to the Latimer County Public
Library this afternoon at 1:00 to see the program "What's Buggin'
You-The Fear Factor" presented by the Oklahoma City Zoo.  Learn how the
strange appearance and habits of insects helps them survive, and
discover why we need bugs...even if they do scare us.

This weekend is Father's Day so don't forget to do something special for
your dad this weekend.  (We may have to quit picking on Gary, at least
on Sunday.)

Belated birthday wishes go out to John Fazekas who celebrated a birthday
on Monday, June 9.  Hope he had a good one, even if it was a work day.
And Happy Birthday wishes go out also to Jan Meins who will be
celebrating a birthday on Saturday and Wendy Hubbard who will be
celebrating her birthday on Father's Day.

Our menu for today includes:

             Beef Stroganoff
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Pinto beans
             Greens
             Okra
             Hot rolls
             Soft tacos

And for dessert have a taste of summer with some Peach Cobbler.

Have a great weekend,