[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. June 11

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jun 11 10:03:18 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Sorry for being missing in action yesterday, but I had various things I
had to attend to, so I had a full day even if I wasn't at work.  My
daughter and her boyfriend were scheduled to help with the 4H Fishing
Derby and since I'm their chauffeur, I had to go too.  There was a
pretty good turnout of little (and not so little) anglers.  They even
had something new thrown in to help pass the time.  A casting contest
was held, and believe it or not, Destiny got 2nd in the girls division.
Of course, she's been fishing with her daddy since she was pretty
little, so she has had some practice.  After the fishing fun was over,
we ate cats and dogs, (catfish and hot dogs), and visited with
everyone.  It was a fun event for all involved.  If your kids are bored
in the summer, 4H always has lots of fun activities for kids from 9-18,
and most of them are free.  Go by the County Barn just across the tracks
on Hwy. 2 S and sign your kids up.

Things took a different turn when Destiny and I both had to go in for
dentist appointments.  What started out as a routine cleaning turned
into us both getting a small filling.  Mine was behind a front tooth and
it left my nose, lips and cheek numb for several hours.  Have you ever
tried to put lipstick on numb lips?  You can't even tell you're making
contact.

Thank goodness the numbness had worn off pretty much in time for Les
Brelsford's concert last evening.  He and his accompanist, Kathy Brod,
did an excellent job to finish up the Latimer County Arts Council's
concert series for the season.  We'll be scheduling several more
concerts starting in the fall so be sure and watch for notices on them.

I also wanted to report that our Bookstore is back up, restocked and
running, so get in there and check out some of the new cool T-shirts,
books, and other merchandise they've got now.  Ali, Noreen and their
crew are always glad to help you find what you need.  Maybe that
Father's Day gift you need is in there.

Our menu for today includes:

            Fried chicken
            Vegetable blend
            Baked potatoes
            Hot rolls
            Tuna salad
            Potato chips

And for dessert have some All American Apple Cobbler.