[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. March 18

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Mar 18 10:02:54 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Boy, the rain is coming down outside and in!  We seem to have sprung a
leak outside my office with all this rain going on outside.  A new
building is sounding better and better.  I guess our March winds have
died down for the time being and the April showers are giving us a
preview of coming attractions.  I'm ready for the May flowers already,
myself.  I have noticed a lot of blooming things already, though.  Even
my forsythia finally put out some blooms.  I really need to get out and
prune it later after it's done blooming, since they say they only bloom
on new growth, and mine is mostly old wood.  And that lawn next to that
church across from Alco is absolutely gorgeous with all the purple
blossoms.  I think it's just henbit, which is actually considered a
weed, but  it  sure looks beautiful  the way that lawn is just covered
in it.

Recent EOSC family birthdays include Todd Blocker of the Agriculture
Dept.,  who celebrated a birthday on the 15th, and Lynn Gammons, of the
Bookstore,  who celebrated hers on the 16th.   Upcoming birthdays
include Kathy Howe of Student Support Services, on Thurs. March 20, and
Dr. Billye Givens on  Fri. March 21.  They've already got a jump on
having a good birthday, since they'll be on Spring Break.

Don't forget we will still be having our Wednesday evening Pizza and
Pasta Buffet from 4:30 to 6:00, and our Sunday Lunch Buffet, from 11:00
to 1:00 this week.  Even though there aren't any college classes, the
Cafeteria staff is still here to serve the Dept. of Corrections Academy
who are still  having classes as usual this week, and any EOSC students
who might be spending Spring Break on campus, as well as any off campus
guests who might show up to eat.  As a matter of fact, we'd like to
encourage those of you who may not have ever eaten here, to come and try
us out.  You'll get a good meal for a fair price, with a well stocked
salad bar, dessert, and soft serve ice cream.  You can't beat a deal
like that!

Our menu for today includes:

            Roast beef
            Mashed potatoes and gravy
            Carrots
            Sweet peas
            Hot rolls
            Meat and cheese nachos

And for dessert have a yummy helping of Strawberry Shortcake.

Have a great Spring Break and a blessed Easter,