[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Nov. 10

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Nov 10 10:44:16 CST 2008

Hi folks,

I know everyone is breathing a sigh of relief that Homecoming  and all
the hard work that went with it is over.  It's kind of like having
relatives visit.  You look forward to seeing them and enjoy them for a
while, but then you're ready for  them to go home.   I got to attend the
Hall of Fame Dinner Friday evening and hear the many interesting stories
told by Col. Lewark, this year's inductee.  It's good to know that it is
possible for someone from humble beginnings to become such a success in
life. We also got to attend the Homecoming Parade Saturday morning.  And
I can't believe I forgot who the girl was that dinged my husband right
between the eyes with a piece of candy thrown from one of the parade
floats, but if she's not on the softball team, they really need to
recruit her!  She is deadly accurate.  (Good job, I've wanted to do that
before myself!  He wouldn't have taken it nearly so well from me
though!)  And finally our new Mountaineer mascot officially has a name.
Buckskin Bob was walking along the parade route handing out blue and
gold beads.  Congratulations to the new Homecoming King and Queen, Sam
Eden representing the Aggie club, and Emily Hassler, representing Honors
and PTK.

As many of you know, our Student Union custodian, John Calhoun, passed
away this past Saturday.  His funeral will be today at 2:00 at Quinton,
graveside services only.   Much sympathy goes out to his family from his
Eastern family.

Our menu for today includes:
                Roast beef
                Mashed potatoes and brown gravy
                Baked potato bar
                Sweet peas
                Corn
                Carrots
                Hamburgers
                French fries
                Hot rolls

And for dessert have some luscious Strawberry Cake.