[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Nov. 21

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Nov 21 09:21:47 CST 2008

Hi folks,

And the answer to that age old question is "YES!  It is finally
Friday!"  In a matter of a few hours there will be a mass exodus as
students, faculty and staff all rush to make their escape and start
their glorious week of Thanksgiving break.  Woohoo!  I'm ready!  I like
being here, but I like being home too.  It's good for the soul, it just
doesn't pay the bills.

While you're off , those of you who like to do arts and crafts might
want to decorate a wreath for the Characters Club fundraiser coming up
on Tues. Dec. 2.  This will be right after we get back from break, so
the week off will be perfect for working on a wreath or two for this
event.  You can do a Christmas wreath or a themed wreath, whatever you'd
like.  (I'm thinking of making a dog themed one, since I'm in PAWS.)  We
have several students who were selected to compete in San Marcos, TX the
last week in February and this is going to take money.  Please be
generous and make a wreath to donate, and plan to buy a wreath for your
home or office or both, for yourself or a friend, or just make a
donation to  help these kids meet this goal.   Any donation or help will
be greatly appreciated.   These kids and their teachers do wonderful
work and  really need and deserve our support.  For more information
about the Characters Club Christmas fundraiser contact Melissa Heath-Lee
at Ext. 758 or 465-1758.

I got an email from a couple of friends with this wonderful, heartfelt
Thanksgiving poem in it and I just had to share it with you all.  Not
sure who wrote it, but I certainly agree with the sentiment.

Thanksgiving Poem

May your stuffing be tasty,
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious,
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

Our menu for today includes:
             Chicken pattie on a bun
             French fries
             Grilled cheese
             Tomato soup
             Macaroni and cheese
             Corn
             Okra

And for dessert have a Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar.

Have a wonderful, safe Thanksgiving break,