[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Oct. 2

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Oct 2 09:47:58 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

I always feel like I'm a pretty optimistic person, but when I hear
sirens, especially multiple ones,  I just get a feeling of dread, and my
optimism goes out the window.  I saw a  Family Circus cartoon once where
two of the children heard a siren and the little boy was like me,
thinking, "Oh no, somebody's in trouble!" but the little girl thought,
"Oh good, somebody's getting help!"   I heard several sirens heading
south this morning as I was getting ready for work only to get here and
have my husband call me and tell me they were probably going after his
cousin and her four little girls who had been in a bad wreck, and
multiple helicopters were being sent.  Please keep them in your
prayers.  It was this woman's parents who lost their home in the tornado
earlier this year.  Talk about having a bad year!   And you all be sure
and drive carefully!  I don't want to hear any more sirens, especially
going for people I know!

Our menu for today includes:
             Meatloaf
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             French fries
             Black eyed peas
             Cabbage
             California blend vegetables

And for dessert satisfy your sweet tooth with some delicious Chocolate
or Coconut Pie.

Have a great (and safe) day,