[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Oct. 9

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Oct 9 09:51:23 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

I finally got my computer to act right yesterday.  I resorted to the old
stand by remedy of turning it off and back on again.  I guess it just
wanted a do-over for the day.  It worked fine after that.   (And I
didn't even have to bother anyone else about it!  See you tech guys can
be glad you dodged that bullet!)

I will be out of pocket tomorrow as I will be attending the OACC
(Oklahoma Association of Community Colleges) Convention in Oklahoma
City, along with Helen Scott, Kim Pendergraft and  Carla Rogers.  I
believe they will be discussing various innovative ideas that are being
implemented at other state community colleges, so I'm hoping we can
bring back some good borrowed ideas that will be of benefit to Eastern.

Tonight is the opening night of Godspell, put on by our Theater Dept.
under the direction of Melissa Heath-Lee.  I can't wait to see it!  It
will also run tomorrow night and Saturday night.  According to Melissa,
there will be judges from the Kennedy Center/American College Theater
Festival there on Saturday night as the students are competing in that
event so come and let those judges know how much we enjoy our Theater
Dept's wonderful performances.

There's absolutely no excuse for anyone with a few bucks to have to stay
home and be bored on Saturday night.  There's just too much going on!
Godspell will be having its final performance here on campus at 7:30,
Brenda Lumpkins will be in concert at the Presbyterian Church at 7:00,
sponsored by the Latimer County Arts Council who will use the proceeds
to bring various arts programs to the 4 county schools, and in Talihina
we will be having our Bands for Boards concert, also at 7:00, featuring
Oversoul and Falling Crossways.  Proceeds for this will be put toward
building a skate park in Talihina.   Everyone needs to get out and take
advantage of these wonderful local, live entertainment opportunities
this weekend.  Don't just sit around complaining there's nothing to do
here, I've just proven that wrong.

Our menu for today includes:
             Dorito bake
             Fried potatoes
             Refried beans
             Fish sticks
             Hot rolls

And for dessert have some Chocolate Cake or White Cake.

Have a great day and weekend,