[Eoscstudents] [Fwd: Something new at Eastern]

Sheryl Marmon smarmon at eosc.edu
Thu Oct 9 15:25:25 CDT 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Something new at Eastern
Date: 	Thu, 09 Oct 2008 15:01:20 -0500
From: 	Sheryl Marmon <smarmon at eosc.edu>
To: 	eoscall at lists.onenet.net

The Staff Council is very proud and pleased  to introduce something new
to Eastern.  We are starting an Employee of the Month program.  The
program policy is attached to this e-mail. It is our hope that this
will  help Eastern and increase Employee morale and Employee
participation and it is designed to recognize excellence over and above
job responsibilities.

I will give you a brief idea of the program, but you need to read the
entire attached policy.  Anyone can be elected as an Employee of the
Month, with the exception of the President, Vice Presidents, and member
of the Staff Council.  You may not nominate yourself, however a
supervisor, faculty member, coworker, students, or visitors on campus
may make a nomination.  Nominations must be received by the last Friday
of the month.  The selected employee will receive a coupon for a free
meal in the EOSC cafeteria, a framable certificate, and also they will
be interviewed by the Statesman office and their name, picture, and a
small article with information about this employee will appear in the
Statesman.  The bookstore may also join this reward program.

We plan to select our first employee of the month at our regular meeting
in November, and this would be the October Employee of the Month.  The
nomination form for the October Employee of the Month will need to be
submitted no later than October 31, 2008.  The forms will be available
on the table in the Library building next to where everyone's mailbox is
located, and also the nomination form  is attached to this email.

If you have a nomination, please fill out the form completely and place
it in a suggestion box or give it to any staff council member.  If you
have any questions about this program, you may contact any council
member; Helen Scott, Sheryl Marmon, Anne Hester, Mark Hill, Zulema
Gomez, or Rhoda Watkins.

We are very excited to be able to recognize and reward our outstanding
employees.

Please print this for those employees that do not have e-mail access.

Thanks on behalf of the entire Staff Council.

Sheryl Marmon
Staff Council Secretary