[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Oct. 13

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Oct 13 10:12:33 CDT 2008

Happy Columbus Day everyone!

We may not get today off, but we are having a short week with Fall Break
on Thursday and Friday and the Fall Festival going on out at the park
this weekend, too.  The weather may be a little damp during the early
and mid part of this week, but it looks like by the weekend it should
clear up and be really super for being outside.

I hope you all managed to see the play Godspell last week.  I had heard
of it before but never seen it and didn't know what to expect.  It was
very enjoyable and did contain a lot of good life lessons.  I hope they
Kennedy Center judges found it as entertaining as I did.  I can't wait
til the next play they put on.   The kids all seemed to be having such a
good time, (you can tell some of them REALLY enjoy their work!)

The OACC conference Friday was great and I managed to bring home a big
beautiful chrysanthemum that was one of the door prizes.  (I gave it to
Mildred to take care of, since she has such a green thumb and I don't.)
They did torture me and hold off calling my number until the very last
or maybe the next to last one.  By that time I was sitting there
thinking, "This is why I don't gamble."   Helen swore me to secrecy
about anything embarrassing or incriminating that may or may not have
happened at the conference, so I guess it's one of those "what happens
at the conference stays at the conference" things.  Suffice it to say we
all had a good time and made it back in good condition. ready to go
again.  Maybe next year Eastern will have an entry into their CSI
contest, (Creative Staff Innovations).

Belated birthday wishes go out to  Maye Durant and Rhonda (Price) Quinn
for Wed. of last week and to Jennifer Mack who celebrated her big day on
Saturday.

Our menu for today includes:
             Hamburger steak with brown gravy
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Rice
             Steamed cabbage
             Black eyed peas
             Hot dogs
             French fries

And for dessert have some Ice Cream and Toppings.

Have a great Columbus Day,