[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Oct. 20

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Oct 20 09:54:21 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Well, I survived the Fall Festival one more time.  I had a cold hit me
on Thursday, (what timing), but was still bound and determined to make
it to the festival.  And just for the record, the poor woman who passed
out in the Turkey Leg line was not me.  (I think she passed out from
hunger waiting in the long line ;-) .)  It took forever but I finally
made it to the front of the line, got my turkey legs and took off with
them, (and they weren't even for me, just for Gary, Destiny and a friend
she had with her.)   I still say my favorite part of the whole thing is
getting to see and pet all the cute dogs people bring with them, (and
eating of course.)   You can see all kinds of dogs and owners and just
general folks out there.  It's definitely the busiest place around on
Saturday.  Before we even got there, we stopped there on Fern's corner
where the little bus picks people up and takes them to the festival to
see what was for sale and wound up adding 2 parakeets to our menagerie.
One is the beautiful blue color that  you find in parakeets and the
other is kind of a light dove gray/white color.  The jury is still out
as to what to name them.

Very Happy Birthday wishes go out today to an Eastern favorite:  Mrs.
Pat Thomas.  She's been here longer than I can remember and  is really
part of the glue that holds this place together.

Our menu for the day includes:
                 Chicken nuggets
                Burritos with chili and cheese
                French fries
                Mixed vegetables
                Pasta bar
                Hot rolls

And for dessert try some Ice Cream and Toppings.