[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Sept. 4

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Sep 4 10:45:55 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

I just looked at our website and saw the announcement of our guest
speaker this evening.  I clicked on it to find out more, and was really
surprised to find that our guest speaker, Tanya Brown, is Nicole Brown
Simpson's sister.  She will be speaking on domestic violence, in hopes
of helping to prevent any more tragic incidents  like the famous "O. J.
Simpson case" where her sister and a friend were murdered, but the
courts were unable to convict O. J., the ex-husband and prime suspect of
the crime.  This program is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. in Mitchell
Auditorium and is free and open to the public.  Please come and
encourage anyone you know who might be interested or in a situation
where they might need this information to attend.

If you see Rosalio Montez on campus today, unless he took his birthday
off, please wish him a very happy birthday.  It'll put a smile on his
face, although there's usually one there already, since he's usually
plotting up some mischief.

It's been great weed pulling weather the past few days.  That's one
thing I never seem to get around to until it does get to be cooler and
damper like this.  Those weeds are just tougher than I am when they're
in dry, hard ground.  It's like they're attached to the center of the
earth and they're not about to let go.

Our menu for today includes:
             Meatloaf
             Burritos with chili and cheese
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             French fries
             Blackeyed peas
             Cabbage
             California blend vegetables
             Seasoned rice
And for dessert have some luscious Cheesecake with your choice of
strawberry or raspberry topping!