[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Sept. 11 Patriot's Day

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Sep 11 10:17:39 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Today's date puts me in a  rather somber frame of mind, just remembering
the devastating tragedy of Sept. 11, 2001, a day that carved "9-11" into
our memories forever.   Our student services office will be sponsoring
military recruitment tables on campus as well as other commemorative
events.  Also PTK/Honors students have been holding Voter's Registration
Days on campus in an effort to get more students registered and
interested in the political system in this country, and encourage them
to take part in it.   The upcoming Presidential Election in November
will be a historical event and the winners and the political party
backing them will have a major hand in shaping  events in this country
for at least the next four years.  I was looking at an email I received
pertaining to women's suffrage, and the horrors and injustices that our
grandmothers and greatgrandmothers faced in trying to win the right to
vote in this country.   It really makes you realize how much we take for
granted our "right to vote" when you think about what those brave women
of the past had to go through to get us to this point.  To find out more
about this, be sure and attend the HBO movie "Iron Jawed Angels"
sponsored by the Honors students and aired in the Pratt Little Theater
Tuesday evening Sept. 16.

Our menu for today includes:
             Spaghetti with meat sauce
             Garlic bread
             Steamed red potatoes
             Seasoned rice
             Broccoli with cheese sauce
             Baked potatoes
             Cheeseburgers

And for dessert have some delicious Fruit Cocktail Cake or some Peaches
and Cream Cake.

Have a great day and don't forget to register to vote it you haven't
already.   Make your voice count!