[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Sept. 17

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Sep 17 10:03:01 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Don't forget, today is your last chance to get your mug shot for the
Mountaineer yearbook.  Just brush your hair, (or mess it up if that's
your style), powder your nose, and go over to Mitchell 109 between 9:00
and 3:00 and smile for the camera.  That's it.  It's painless and free!

I had to laugh a while back when I saw that some club was sponsoring an
"80's dance".  When I was growing up, we had "50's dances", or later
even dressed like the hippies from the 60's.   It never occurred to me
that the tradition would carry on and move forward.  One of my husband's
cousins even had a birthday party recently for her sister who was
turning 30, that had an 80's theme.  'Wear your 80's clothes', the
invitation said.  I had to laugh again because I realized I probably
still was.  It's funny how I can recognize what 50's clothes are, and
60's clothes, but since I was old enough to dress myself by 1970, 70's
clothes were just whatever was in my closet at the time.  I guess when
you live in a big city, you tend to go with the trends more, and I
suppose the kids now are getting more into that, with all that they see
on TV, magazines, movies and the internet.  But down here "in the
country" it's just been jeans and T-shirts for decades.  Everything
retro has come back in style now, it seems.  The only actual clothes I
have from that era that I can still wear are my college cap and gown,
(one size fits all), and an old tube top which I can now wear as a
headband.   I guess I'll have to buy new "old" stuff to be in style.

Our menu for today includes:
             Smoked pork chops
             Dressing
             Sweet potatoes
             Green beans
             California blend vegetables
             Seasoned rice
             Biscuits
             BBQ on a bun
             Potato chips
             Pickle
And for dessert have some luscious Fruit Cobbler.