[Eoscstudents] Movie Thurs 7pm Johnston room 130

June Haynes jhaynes at eosc.edu
Wed Sep 17 16:19:54 CDT 2008

  Good morning!  It is a lovely day in the neighborhood...

I just want to ask you to encourage any student that you know that may
be having difficulties with attendance or class performance, to come to
SSS's  showing of "Rudy".  This is a story of a young man's
determination to become successful at what he had always dreamed of
being.  We want the students to have a "dream" (goal) and realize what
they must do to accomplish it.  I see students that get discouraged
because they aren't doing what it is that they need to do, (Yes, it may
be their bad choices that cause this), therefore, our goal is to get
them thinking about positive changes that need to be made!  We all know
people that have no problem solving skills.  (Many students have never
had roll models that possess these!)

Please help us get these students on a track to success!  This movie
might be a way to start that process.

"Rudy"        Thurs., Sept 18  @7pm  Johnston Hall 130

They can enjoy interaction with other students and enjoy the free
refreshments!

Thanks for your support of the TRiO Student Support Services program!
June Haynes