[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Sept. 18

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Sep 18 10:01:40 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

What a great week it's been!  The weather has been great and
construction has been going on on the new building without getting
rained out.  Mildred and I were walking across campus yesterday after
having our pictures made for the yearbook, (we waited graciously til the
last minute to have ours done in case we broke the camera),  looking at
the concrete that's been poured and trying to pick out where our offices
would be.   I haven't gotten a look at the plans in a while and things
may have changed, but when I last looked I was at least supposed to have
a window that looked outside.  I'm surrounded by windows now that only
look out into the kitchen and at freezers and warmers.  Not much of a
view.   All I know is, it really better have more plug ins than my
office has now.  I think this one was built before electricity seriously
caught on, judging by the amount of plug ins in the whole office,
(approx. 2).  I've had to run two power strips in here to plug in all
the electric gadgets that offices have to have nowadays.  It seems
everything's electric now, even to the pencil sharpener!

Happy birthday wishes go out today to the lovely Cindy Waldrop, in the
Student Support Services office.  Have a great day, Cindy.

Don't forget to go see the movie "Rudy", (no, it's not about Rudy
O'Donley, that's a whole 'nother story), being shown courtesy of Student
Support Services in Johnston 130 this evening at 7:00.  There will be
free refreshments for all and a door prize for some lucky person.

Our menu for today includes:
             Meatloaf
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Pinto beans
             Turnip greens
             Fried okra
             Corn
             Cornbread
             Pasta bar
             Indian tacos

And for dessert try a piece of Mandarin Orange Cake.