[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Sept. 25

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Sep 25 09:43:42 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Cross your fingers for my bunch.  My husband and daughter went visiting
relatives yesterday only to find out that one of the nephews has chicken
pox.  I know I've had them, (I've got the scars to prove it), and I
think Gary's had them, but I don't remember Destiny having had them.  I
think I heard somewhere that it takes 3 weeks for them to break out on
you after you're exposed, (or maybe that's for chicken eggs to hatch.
Hmmm, could be either one.  My mind works in mysterious ways.  Sometimes
it's even a mystery to me.)  Anyone out there in the nursing department
have a professional opinion to share on this?  Or maybe a mother with
first hand knowledge?

Our birthday boy of the day is Laurence Raunikar, so be sure and wish
him a great day if you happen to see him around.

Anyone interested in dogs is invited to come to our PAWS (Partners for
Animal Welfare Society) meeting this evening at 7:00 at the public
library.  We're always glad to meet animal lovers, and can always use
new helpers.  I went to do my pen duty yesterday evening, and you can
really tell it's getting dark earlier when you're trying to do outside
stuff like that.

Our menu for today includes:
             Spaghetti with meat sauce
             Cheeseburgers
             Loaded baked potato
             French fries
             Corn on the cob
             Baby carrots
             Green beans

And for dessert you've got to try a new recipe we're trying, Candy Bar
Cake.  It really looks like something your sweet tooth could dig into!