[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. April 6

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Apr 6 09:57:15 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

Wow, Saturday's weather was fantastic for the downtown clean-up day!
Quite a few folks showed up to pitch in where needed including a pretty
large 4H group, a cub scout troop led by Phillip Hawthorne, Helen Scott
and daughter Rochelle, Sheryl Marmon, Terry Haynes, Pres. Smith and
family, my daughter Destiny and her friend Melissa and myself, and
various other citizens.  A lot was accomplished all up and down Main
Street, and poor Sheryl even has the scars to prove it!   I was working
under the supervision of Mike Mooney, mainly as a weed puller right
around the Chamber of Commerce office, which was pretty enjoyable.  I
had to laugh this morning though as my daughter was trying to learn a
bible verse for a church project that started out something like,
"Though the grass may wither and the flowers fade away..."  I finished
it for her with, "Weeds go on forever!"   I know that's not the real
ending, but anyone who gardens or potters with plants will appreciate
the truth in it.  I feel like I pulled up about a million little
weedlings and I know that after Saturday night's rain, about a million
more will sprout up to take their place, (and probably be hardier for
having more room to grow!)  After the clean up day project was pretty
much done, the volunteers were treated to a great hamburger lunch
courtesy of the Main Street program and the OSU Extension Center.   Good
job to all who participated!

After that little project was wrapped up, I went on over to the PAWS
adoption day set up in front of Roy's.  We were able to find homes for
about a dozen dogs in all and received several dollars in donations,
which always helps with the vet bills, etc.

Happy birthday wishes go out today to Kim Pendergraft of our EOSC
Library, and Danita Oller of the Oklahoma Miner Training Institute.  You
gals enjoy yourselves!

Don't forget for those of you who may have appointments, the mammogram
van is on campus over behind the Field House today.

Our menu for today includes:
                Steak fingers
                Mashed potatoes and gravy
                Sweet peas
                California blend vegetables
                Deli meats
                Potato chips
                Hot rolls

And for dessert have some yummy Ice Cream and Toppings!