[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Aug. 13

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Aug 13 10:00:34 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

I got my morning off to a good start with one of our wonderful waffles
here in the Cafeteria.  If you haven't tried them, you're missing out!
You can always have them with just syrup and butter, but I love to put
strawberry topping on mine.  It makes me think I'm eating at IHOP.
We're leaving the waffle irons available all day for students or anyone
else to come and have a waffle whenever they want.  During our main meal
serving hours, 6:30 to 8:30 for breakfast, 11:00 to 1:30 for lunch, and
4:30 to 6:15 for dinner, students may eat using their meal card.
Between these hours, all sales will be cash only.  Please come in and
enjoy our new facility and the new options available to you.

There are some interesting things coming up in Wilburton this Saturday,
Aug. 15.  At 2:00 at The Gallery on Main Street across from Adelita's
there will be a book reading by local author, Donna Barnard,
(co-sponsored by the Latimer County Arts Council).  She will be reading
excerpts from her recently published book, The Making of Okie.  I think
it's very inspiring that a local gal is now a published author.  Come
and meet her and hear her story.

Later that evening, a yearly tradition is repeated, when the Magic
Wheels motorcycle group rolls into town on their magnificent motorcycles
for their parade of lights, followed by Bikes and Bands, with our own
Rudy O'Donley and his band Sundown, my old buddy, Ross Chronister of
Roscoe and the Heads, and another semi-local group Oversoul.  Come down
and join the fun.

Our menu for today includes:
            Pepper steak over rice
            Pizza
            Chicken strips

And for dessert, have some Banana Pudding.