[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Dec. 8

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Dec 8 09:53:33 CST 2009

Hi folks,

Hope you've got your rain gear handy!  It's looking like that kind of
day.  But I guess we really dodged a bullet by all this not being snow
and ice.  When I turned on the TV this morning, the Channel 6 reporter
in Tulsa was reporting outside in the snow and their roads were slick
enough to have started causing accidents!  Our Assistant Supervisor here
in the Cafeteria, Linda Almy, already had to deal with her pipes
freezing and bursting!  Even if the official date won't be here for a
couple of weeks, it feels like winter has officially set in.  I'm ready
to go hibernate somewhere.   Speaking of which, please make sure you
bring your pets inside when it's really cold and nasty out.  You
wouldn't want to have to stay out in the cold, wet weather, even if you
did have a fur coat on, now would you?  Or if they can't come in the
house or some outbuilding, please make sure they have some bedding to
snuggle down in.  I'm thinking about warming some old towels in the
dryer and putting them in the boxes for my cats.  They all like to
snuggle together for warmth, so that will give them something warm to
start with.

Happy Birthday wishes go out today to the Nursing Department's Leah
Spencer.  Hope she has a great day, and keeps warm and dry.

Book Buyback is in full swing this week, so if you have textbooks you're
done with, and need a little extra Christmas money, get on in to the
Bookstore and turn your trash into cash.

Building Monitors, please don't forget to attend one of the special
meetings, either today or tomorrow, in the Ballroom.

Our menu for today includes:
          Baked chicken
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Sweet peas
          Corn
          Broccoli and cheese soup
          Frito chili pie
          Hot rolls

And for dessert have a helping of yummy Peach Cobbler!

Keep warm, dry and have a great day,