[Eoscstudents] SOFTBALL RESULTS FROM LAST TUESDAY NIGHT AT PARIS, TEXAS:

Andy Mace amace at eosc.edu
Sat Feb 21 12:47:06 CST 2009

Hello:

Eastern Softball dropped a couple of unusual games, played in rain, mud,
and high winds last Tuesday night at Paris, Texas:

First game: Paris, Texas 10  Eastern 1.   Note: This game was 0-0 in the
6th. inning!!!!!!
Paris has the best team in their school history in my opinion. They were
ahead of Wallace, Alabama(LAST YEARS NJCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS WITH
SEVERAL STARTERS BACK) 1-0 with two outs in the bottom of the seventh at
Cowtown in the semi-final winner's bracket game on Feb. 14th.  They lost
3-1 on long home run by Wallace's big hitter.
25-35 mph winds blowing straight out caused some unusual things to
happen in these Tuesday games played in the Paris Festival.
Second game: Connors 19  Eastern 11.   Note: Eastern was ahead 10-2 with
two outs in the fifth, only one out away from run-ruling Connors
again(we beat them 9-1 at Cowtown the previous weekend) and Connors
hitters came alive.
We must have re-engerized Connors softball as they beat Murray at Murray
this Thursday, 10-0 and 9-1.  Connors had been struggling this spring.
Did not do well at Cowtown.

NOTE: Due to the Class B High School Regional Basketball Tournament and
cold winds and wet grounds we moved the NE TEXAS softball games at
Eastern from Saturday the 21st. of Feb. to Sunday the 22nd. of Feb.  The
doubleheader will start at 1pm.  This will be Eastern's home opener in
softball.