[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Feb. 26

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Feb 26 09:53:21 CST 2009

Hi folks,

I've seen science fair kids running around on campus today bringing in
their exhibits to be judged.  One girl's exhibit seemed to consist of a
big bag of trash, which seemed to be getting away from her, which could
be the point:  that all the trash on our planet does tend to pile up and
get away from us and we need to be more conscious of this and remember
the 3 Rs.  No, not readin', 'riting and 'rithmetic, Reduce, Reuse and
Recycle.   Think Green!

Don't forget today is Biggest Loser Weigh-In #3.  Time to see if we're
all still going downhill.  If I'm not then there's no justice, as I've
felt really puny this week and can't have eaten much.  I also read an
article in a magazine the other day that if you got a regular 8 hours or
so of sleep you would drop pounds like magic.  (I only seem to be able
to make myself get more rest when I really feel cruddy, then that's
about all I want to do, just sleep til I feel better.)  I don't know if
there is some physical reason for that, like maybe the body just works
better with the right amount of rest.  I have a simpler theory:  when
you're asleep, you're not eating!  Maybe I should just hibernate until
the final weigh-in.

We'll be having our monthly PAWS meeting this evening at the Latimer
Public Library at 7:00 if anyone is interested in joining or just coming
and finding out what we're all about.  We can always use more volunteers
at the pens or folks who want to adopt a dog or maybe just foster one
until it can be adopted.

Our menu for today includes:
             Pork cutlets
             Sweet peas
             Macaroni and cheese
             Hard shell tacos
             Broccoli and cheese soup
             Hot rolls

And for dessert we have impossible to resist Strawberry Shortcake.