[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Feb. 27

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Feb 27 10:04:46 CST 2009

Hi folks,

Wow!  It feels a lot more like February today than it did yesterday!
And to me that's not a good thing.  I guess we shouldn't complain
though.  I know when we have a lot of warm days too early, it confuses
the plants into budding out just in time for a killing frost to send
them back to square one, or worse yet to have to wait a whole 'nother
year to bloom or put out fruit.

I noticed there's a big day coming up in the Duncan household this
weekend, with Elizabeth celebrating the big 3-0.  Don't stress over it
Liz.  It's a well known fact that the people who have the most birthdays
live the longest.  Have a good one!

We had another Biggest Loser weigh-in yesterday and most of us are still
making progress.  McAlester will have their weigh-in today and we'll see
how they're doing.  I had lost a little after all so maybe being sick
does help, even if it's no fun.  Hang in there, you guys.  It's hard
making changes to what you and your body are used to, so don't get
discouraged if the scales don't reflect what you'd like to see yet.  I'm
sure it took a lot longer and was much more enjoyable putting all our
extra pounds on than it will be to get them off, but we'll feel a lot
better and be prouder of ourselves when we've shed some of them.  We'll
all come out of this in better shape than we went in!  Many thanks once
again to Loma for agreeing to donate her time and effort to this
worthwhile Staff Council project.

Our menu for today includes:
             Shrimp poppers
             Black eyed peas
             Macaroni and cheese
             Crispy cube potatoes
             Tomato soup
             Squash
             Carrots
             Hot rolls
             Cornbread

And for dessert have some yummy Candy Bar Cake.

Have a great weekend,