[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Jan. 12

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Jan 12 10:06:27 CST 2009

Welcome back everyone!

It was good to see students back on campus this morning, many rushing
here and there going to class, and some still groggy looking coming in
for breakfast.  I know it's hard to get back into the swing of things
after being off, but the time off is so worth it.  Of course, some of us
have been back for a week now, so we're pretty much over the initial
first day back shock, and back into the draggy
not-wanting-to-get-up-Monday blues.  That doesn't take long.

Mildred and I and several others got to tour the new building last
Friday afternoon.  That was pretty exciting!  I found out that both of
our offices have a window, so maybe we won't get claustrophobic,  now
I'm just trying to figure out if my office is larger, smaller or the
same size.  I'm pretty tightly packed in here as it is, so any decrease
in size is going to be difficult to deal with.   It could be one of
those cases where "everything looks smaller in Wal-Mart", like the TV we
bought one time thinking we could bring it home and put it in our
entertainment center, only to find it wouldn't fit in the hole.  It
looked much smaller in the huge Wal-Mart store, and a lot bigger in our
living room.  Maybe my new office looks small only because it's in a
very large empty building.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to do some
serious furniture rearranging.  They did say the ceilings are to be 9
feet high I believe.  Hey, as short as I am, (make that vertically
challenged), I could almost have a two story office.  Don't know where
I'd put the stairs, though.  Might have to drop one of those knotted
ropes down to climb up.  Yeah,  I can see that happening...NOT!

If you see Helen Scott with Gear Up on campus today, be sure and wish
her a very Happy Birthday.  She's a real sweetheart who really cares
about Eastern and its people.  Can we have her cloned?

Our menu for today includes:
             Steak fingers
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Peas
             California blend vegetables
             Enchiladas
             Nachos
             Hot rolls

And for dessert make your own special creation with our Ice Cream and
Toppings.

Have a great semester,